Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Some Like it HOT

3 days ago I packed up in Paris and shipped off to Rome to begin my actual schoolwork. I have not stopped sweating since!

Bravo: My apartment is really nice (also 500 years old), it is a little on the small side, especially when it comes to the kitchen but the living room and bedrooms have ample space. Studio is only a 15 minute walk which will be really convenient. Last night we went to the Pantheon, which is HUGE, and smack dab in the middle of a bunch or random buildings. I'm really excited to go inside it and have a look around. We also went to the Trevi Fountain where I tossed in my coin and made a wish. During the walk between the two my roommates and I got gelato, I don't know if it was because I looked hungry or what but i was served a scoop the size of a large mango atop a tiny sugar cone!

Bruto: If you couldn't tell from the title, it is extremely hot here. At home I don't think it was over 90 degrees once this summer. It was 97 the first day we got here and hasn't gone down much since then. At first I thought it a nuisance that shops were closed between noon and 3. Now I know it is because it is too scorching hot to do anything but lay sprawled out and take a nap!

Interessante: PDA: it is everywhere. If you are out with your significant other you have to have some sort of personal display of affection at all times, no expections. We have deemed this to be due to the fact that many people live with their parents for much longer than we do, thus they never get to have alone time except on the streets. Interessante number 2: the street vendors! On our journey to class every day we pass many street vendors, they sell everything. Need a new bag, got that, new shoes, got that, new underwear, they have that too! No, I have not purchased new underwear from the street vendors, but hey, who knows, when in rome! (just kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment