Monday, September 7, 2009

Do I have to go to class???

It is the first official week of school, and I'm not sure I want to leave summer behind! After living in Rome for a little over a week I'm starting to get the hang of daily life and how much walking is going to take place over the next 4 months.

Bravo: It has finally started to cool down, I'm not quite sure when I started to consider 85 and sunny cool... but it beats 95 and sunny. I'm not sweating by 7 am and can actually sleep with a blanket! Bravo #2: I'm starting to get the hang of cooking. My roommates and I are switching off every other night with cooking dinner. Thus far my roommate Jami and I have successfully made dinner 3 times, tonight we are attempting stir fry, hopefully this doesn't end up in the next bruto section!

Bruto: The roads of Rome are like pick up sticks thrown haphazardly all over the place. People use them as a place to walk, ride their bicycles, scooters, and drive like crazy people. People also ride their scooters and bike on the limited sidewalks as well. This has made finding a good place to run rather difficult. Today I ran by the river but there are an abundance of homeless people, uneven cobbelstones, and homeless people urine. I'm not sure I will frequent this spot.

Interessante: On Saturday a group of friends and I ventured to the Medeteranean, which was beautiful. The waves were huge! It was exactly what we all needed after such a scorching hot week. The beach itself wasn't interesting, but it was all of the vendors everywhere! They sold everything from watches to fake Prada to iced coconut. Interessante #2: I'm not sure if I am starting to look more Italian or less like a tourist or if people are just hopelessly lost but I have been stopped and asked directions twice now.

No comments:

Post a Comment