Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Hauntings of ISU in Rome

Second week in Rome, first week of class down.

Bravo: I'm only taking 13 credits consisting of 4 classes. It feels amazing to have some free time after last semesters 18.5 credits and 9 classes. In my spare time I have found a favorite market where they sell about every type of food under the sun, and everything is fresh and delicious.

Bruto: Rome has two types of seasons, the hot dry season and the rainy season. I was unaware that there would be such a drastic change. On Friday it was hot and sunny, then yesterday it rained, today it rained, and every day on the forecast for the upcoming week is rain rain rain. Good think I packed my umbrella and raincoat.

Interessante: Our design studio is located in the old Cenci Mansion. Most people in Rome know the story of the famous family. The husband was known in society and was also well known as an adultor and for beat his children and wife. They schemed and murdered him. After the murder they were found out, the women beheaded and the men hung. September 11th (2 days ago) was the anaversary of their death.

1 comment: