Tuesday, September 29, 2009

From the Hills of Umbria to the Walls of the Vatican


Bravo: This past weekend I took a day trip to a town called Assisi in Umbria. It was quite possibly the most beautiful place I have ever been, due to the combination of perfect weather, a beautiful cathedral (st. Francis of Assisi) and a castle tower that allowed you to see miles of rolling hills and mountains all around. On Sunday my roommates, my friend Kyle and I woke early and went to the Vatican Museums. They are free the last Sunday of the month. The walls, ceilings, and of course artwork was all beautiful. The Sistine Chapel is awe inspiring, to think that one person painted all of that is amazing, especially to a person like me who has little patients for tedious tasks like that.

Bruto: At the museum there were lots of pushy, self righteous, extremely short, old Italian women.

Interessante: After a week of mostly rain, this week is forecasted to be sunny and warm all week. We are traveling to Napels, Sorrento, and Pompeii this weekend, so hopefully it remains nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment