Tuesday, September 8, 2009

French Press Coffee = Fail

After having possibly the best coffee of my life one of my roommates and I were inspired to purchase french press thermos'.

Bravo: The coffee we consumed to inspire this endevor was like no coffee I have ever had before, it was delicious (probably because it was made with whole milk).

Bruto: After boiling water, measuring coffee grounds and finally "pressing" the coffee I managed to make 8oz of diesel strength undrinkable coffee. No amount of milk or sugar could cure it. It had to be dumped.

Interessante: I now know: the coffee purchased is super strong and using less than the recommended amount would have been a good idea. Also, be extremely careful about the whole getting grounds in your liquid situation because its not fun to pick them out of your teeth. Creamer is essential. And if all else fails it can be used to make hot tea, which is pretty much fool proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment