Monday, October 26, 2009

Mom on the loose



Guest Blog Post from Nora Leone

Bravo:
Gina and I can talk art together. All her art history classes make every walk through Rome a lesson in famous painting and sculpture. Throw in a little Roman history and a visitor like me can have a very pleasant day. It has been a very "Hinshaw-type" vacation so far. I sounded just like Grandpa CJ when I admitted I needed a nap on my first day, and Gina reminds me of Uncle Craig when she tells me art tid-bits. When we pondered if the 8 Euro was a fair price to pay to climb to the top of the dome in the famous Duomo in Florence, I could hear Hinshaws saying we came on vacation to see things, might as well pay!

Bruto:
Tired feet. Small coffees. Few public benches.

Interessante:
After Gina and I went through the Vatican museums, we searched the gift shops for the perfect thing to buy Grandma. Only later did I realize that none of them sold any Bibles.

In Plymouth, every store sells snacks at the counter. Home Depot, Walgreens, Block Buster, Holiday Gas Station . (I have only seen one gas station so far.) That isn't the case in Rome. I haven't noticed many snacks here. No one walks around with a carry-out coffee or soda, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment