Friday, October 30, 2009

The Chase Over Italy With Mommy


Bravo: My mom was in town for five days (see post below). We did lots of fun things together, traveling to Florence (duomo, ponte veccio bridge, leather market, the david, etc) we went inside the pantheon and the colosseum, and went to the vatican museums. It was nice to have a new companion to see Rome with. Bravo #2: I just finished part of a semester long project, designing a lighting show room in Rome.

Bruto: BIRDS. It is mid migration season in rome and there are birds everywhere. They fly in droves, and are impossible to avoid. People walk with umbrellas to avoid getting pooped on and the streets are covered with stinky bird poop. Imagine the movie "Birds" and think 10 times worse (minus the killing nature of them). This morning I asked my professor, he said that they will stay for another 3 weeks!

Interessante: After searching for the "perfect boot" all week with my mom I found them two days after she leaves. Go figure. Interessante #2: time change in Italy happens a week before it does in the United States, so all week my time has been only 6 hours ahead versus the usual 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment