Monday, October 12, 2009

Italian Cinema: A Truly Cultural Event

I know it has been a while, but it has been a rather busy week, two tests and homework, etc. Anyway,

Bravo: It is starting to feel like fall here, the leaves are starting to change a bit and the breeze has picked up which is refreshing rather than chill because the temperature is still high 70's to low 80's every day and has in general been pretty sunny. Bravo #2: on Saturday, at a restaurant down the street from my apartment I had quite possibly the best lasagna ever.

Bruto: I have 16 rendered perspective drawings due by Wednesday... yuck.

Interessante: On Saturday night my roommate Hayley and I decided since we weren't going out that we should go see a movie. We found a theater that was playing Inglorious Bastards in English. We get to the theater, which is actually very close to our apartment, purchase tickets to find that there are assigned seats. The movie begins. The English version of the movie is only one third English, the rest is in French and German with English subtitles. Well, in Italy, the English part was still in English, but the the French and German parts had Italian subtitles. It was a bit of a struggle to understand what was going on during the French part because my french is pretty limited. The German part was a total loss becuase I understand no German with the exception of the word for "no" so I was stuck trying to read the Italian subtitles! Interessante #2: On Saturday morning I decided I wanted to take a yoga class. It didn't occur to me that the class was going to be taught in Italian. I probably looked like the biggest spaz ever trying to look at the people around me to figure out what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment