Monday, October 5, 2009

Food Findings

This post does not really have a Brovo, Bruto, Interessante substance to it, other than a Bravo of all the food is delicious! It is more of two funny food findings.

Food Finding #1: Yesterday as I was out, trying to kill time while the grocery store opened I realized how incredibly hungry I was. I decided to swing past a bakery and grab a croissant or something small to tide me over till dinner. What I bought was something that looked like a popover. Upon further inspection and consumption, I found that a "Baba" is not an Italian version of a popover, but rather a yeast pastry soaked in rum. It was quite a shock and the pastry was rather untasty.

Food Finding #2: After this summers costco/huge bags of spinach/spinach in every food my mom prepared at home, I thought I would be revealed to not have to eat so much of it when in Rome. Only when I realized that I couldn't find spinach in any of the grocery stores or markets did I begin to miss it. Today I finally found some at the grocery store. I was so excited I almost hugged the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment