Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Week of Firsts and Lasts


This is my last week living in Rome. Knowing that I'm leaving is rather bittersweet. I am ready to be home with my family, yet it is going to be hard to leave the city I have come to call home these past four months.
Bravo: On Saturday my friends Megan, Becca, and I climbed to the top of St. Peters Basilica. In Rome it is illegal to build a structure taller than the dome, so from the top you can see the entire city and surrounding mountains. It was quite the view, especially when the sun set. Bravo #2: On Thursday we had a class field trip to the Galleria Borghesey where they are currently showing Caravaggio and Bacon. The exhibit was really thought provoking because the two artists are so different stylistically yet so similar in the thoughts behind the artwork. The gallery also boasts several bernini sculptures which had increadible detail.

Bruto: It has started to get "chilly" here (around 45 degrees). Then I checked the projected weather for when I get home is 20 with snow. I cried a little on the inside.

Interessante: I'm going to have the most laid back finals week of my life here. I have a project due tomorrow and a photography assignment due on Tuesday. Other than that I'm done, and all I have left to do is enjoy the rest of my time here!

No comments:

Post a Comment