Friday, December 18, 2009

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow


Tonight is my very last night and blog post from Rome. It feels so bittersweet. I feel so ready to be home, yet I do not want to leave.

Bravo: Most amazing trip of my life. All the sites I've seen and places I've had the opportunities to travel to. New friends I've made, and experiences we've had together. I'll get to see my family tomorrow and sleep in my own bed. Bravo #2: Yesterday I got to see the POPE!

Bruto: I got pooped on again, in my hair this time, and on my way to our exhibition of work from this semester. Bruto #2: I just plain old don't want to leave.

Interessante: Earlier tonight I brought my roommate Hayley with me on my favorite walk through Trastevere. What we realized is that I had been walking past the Tempietto which is where the martyrdom of St. Peter took place, and never realized it! I didn't have my camera, otherwise I would have taken a picture. Interessante #2: my roommate Hannah and I walked around Rome and saw the Mouth of Truth and St. Teresa in Ecastacy.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about my adventure abroad!

No comments:

Post a Comment