Sunday, November 29, 2009

Leone is to Sicily as Johnson is to Minnesota


My apologies for the tardiness of my blog posts! This past week my friend Lauri was here, I had a project due, and a final.

Bravo: Lauri and I went to the island of Sicily. Many of my family members lived there before moving to the United States. The island is mountainous and beautiful. Along the beach crushed red coral washes up with the waves leaving beautiful patterns on the sand. Bravo #2: It is always nice to have a guest, Lauri and I did many of the tourist things such as: Colosseum, Roman Fourm, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Via del Corso, The Vatican (including a tour of the underground necropolis which contains the tomb of Saint Peter, very cool), and many more things.

Bruto: Last weekend we went to the Adriatic side of Italy. We did not take it in to account that it is the tourist off season. Much of the town we went to was closed for the season. It was not quite what I expected.

Interessante: I've always known that my last name is very Italian and means lion. What I did not know is that it is a Sicilian name and that it is as common there as the last name Johnson is in Minnesota! The owner of the hostel we stayed at was surprised when we arrived that I did not speak Italian.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I forgot to write a guest blog while I was there. But here is how it would go.
    Bravo: Getting to see Rome and Sicily with my friend.
    Bruto: My shoes started to kill my heels by the end of all the walking we did.
    Interesante: No law for walking around with a beer in your hand on the streets, makes for an interesting scene at night.

    ReplyDelete