Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Origin of Bravo, Brutto, Interessante

Most nights during dinner my mom will ask my sisters and I a question we all secretly dread, "What was your PNI (positive, negative, and interesting) for today." The question is usually accompanied by an eye roll, a small groan and an answer. Recently, I have come to realize that these three things are an excellent way to give a good description of your day, because of course, there must be a positive, negative, and interesting to every day.

It seems funny that the one question I thought to be such a menace is now what I have decided to base the blog of my semester in Rome around. The words bravo, brutto, and interessante mean good, bad, and interesting in Italian. I plan to use them as points of reference to describe my adventures, travels, findings, and yes even schoolwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment